Here are some rarely seen photos of my first trips to Barcelona.
1999 (senior year of high school)
Some things to notice:
- It is no longer possible to be alone in a picture of the dragon statue at Parc GÃ¼ell.
- I used to drink Pepsi?! That’s just wrong.
- I loved that army jacket. It had a fantastic liner and I was always warm in winter.
Did you notice?
- Still not too many tourists.
- I was favoring this long black pea coat (which I wore until it was threadbare)
- My hair was wicked long!
- Extra credit if you knew I still have these grey slacks, and that they still fit!
For comparison I fearlessly offer these more recent images.
This is January, people! What are you all doing in Barcelona? Don’t you know it’s not tourist season yet? Now I will have to find somewhere else for my annual navel-gazing, existential self-portrait project. At one point it got really out of hand. Look how this local man jumped right into the photo!
2 replies on “Flaixbac”
PUT THAT MAN DOWN! You don’t know where he has been!
Really enjoying your blog – say Hi to Oscar.
Will do! Thanks for reading!